Front End Web Developer
Other Media is an independent digital agency with great portfolio of award winning work. In response to new work we are looking for a Senior Front End Web Developer to join our team.
- Discussing technical solutions with clients and providing innovative new ideas to solutions.
- Maintaining a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies, and keep team members informed as appropriate, with a view to incorporating these in future projects and staying ahead of the market and position yourself and the company as a digital specialist.
- Constantly seeking to develop yourself by learning new technologies and keeping abreast of your markets developments
- Providing accurate timing estimates on work
- Contributing to documentation (instructional, pitch and technical specification)
- Train other non-technical staff particularly designers
Skills and experience
- Excellent HTML5 and CSS3 skills
- Developing cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solution with a solid understanding of progressive enhancement techniques
- Experience with SASS/LESS – ideally SASS
- Working with CSS frameworks such as Bootstrap or Foundation
- Good understanding of Web Accessibility (WAI-ARIA)
- Experience working with version control systems such as Git
- Experience in AJAX techniques
- Working with Grunt/Gulp – creating tasks
- Working knowledge of TypeScript is highly desirable
We’re a hard working, but compassionate agency, with a fun outlook and a glass half-full mentality. We’re in this together and we succeed as a team with comprehensive on-boarding and induction, 25 days holiday, staff bonus scheme, the last Friday of every month off as a (discretionary) work/life balance day (where there is no Bank Holiday in the month), regular career and personal planning, pension, share options after two years. Salaries are competitive and are according to experience.
To apply, please send your CV to Emma Crabb, Head of HR, at firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please