Mid-Senior Front End Web Developer
Other Media is a strategy-led digital agency with a track record of innovative, award-winning work and a diverse portfolio of clients across retail, sport and culture. We match data-driven, strategic insights with delightful customer experiences and seamless systems integration to produce great web and mobile projects. We also invest in ongoing R&D to keep our thinking fresh and our creative and technical teams at the top of their game.
- Discussing technical solutions with clients and providing innovative new ideas and solutions.
- Maintaining a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies, and keep team members informed as appropriate, with a view to incorporating these in future projects and staying ahead of the market and position yourself and the company as a digital specialist.
- Constantly seeking to develop your skills by learning new technologies and keeping up with latest developments
- Providing accurate timing estimates on work
- Contributing to documentation (instructional, pitch and technical specification)
- Mentoring technical staff and working alongside non-technical team members
Skills and experience
- Excellent HTML5 and CSS3 skills
- Developing cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solution with a solid understanding of progressive enhancement techniques
- Proficiency with CSS processors such as SASS or LESS
- Working with CSS frameworks such as Bootstrap or Foundation
- Good understanding of Web Accessibility (WAI-ARIA)
- Experience working with version control systems such as Git
- Experience in AJAX techniques, Promises and Observables
- Working with Grunt/Gulp – creating tasks