Other Media is a digital creative agency specialising in digital delivery across web and mobile. We match data-driven, strategic insights with delightful customer experiences and seamless systems integration to produce great web and mobile projects. We also invest in ongoing R&D to keep our thinking fresh and our creative and technical teams at the top of their game.
You should be an organised, personable team-worker who lives digital and likes to deliver great work for ambitious clients. We have one of the best teams in the business and a range of clients across retail, sport and culture who demand the best of us and our partners.
You will be responsible for designing and implementing new features and functionality, establishing and guiding website architecture, ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS. You will be working closely with front-end developers and clients to ensure an effective, visually appealing, and intuitive implementation.
You will need to:
- Communicate well within project teams
- Use project tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Git
- Have a drive to write well-written code that adheres to coding standards and best practices
- Be able to troubleshoot and investigate complex issues but also seek help where appropriate
- Show good attention to detail (testing own work, clarifying requirements, etc.)
- Help to promote the work of the Drupal team within the agency
- Demonstrate an awareness of client expectations and the wider business context
- Understand the basics of Agile and Scrum methodologies and have a willingness to continually develop that understanding;
- Ensure that Drupal builds are delivered within agreed timescales
- Organised and structured in delivering projects
- Have good written and verbal communication
- An ability to meet deadlines and expectations
- Experience developing web solutions in Drupal and PHP implementations in a LAMP environment
- Experience working with the latest versions of Drupal 7 and 8
Ideal skills and experience
- Experience in a digital agency environment
- Ability to architect enterprise Drupal solutions including data, display, and information architecture
- Advanced site-building experience including familiarity with Drupal modules such as Paragraphs, Views, and Media
- Experience creating custom Drupal modules and Themes
- Knowledge of PHP, PHP files and theme functions, and knowledge of the Drupal theme layer
- Through understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (e.g. Requirements, Design, Development, Testing) and exposure to Agile.
- Familiarity with JIRA or similar
- Ideally be qualified to degree level
- Experience integrating third-party APIs such as Mailchimp or Instagram
- Basic familiarity with MYSQL
- Experience with Composer or other application-level package managers
- Object-oriented programming knowledge or understanding.
- Accustom to working in a local environment such as Vagrant.
We’re a hard working, compassionate agency, with a fun outlook and a collaborative approach. We’re in this together and we succeed as a team with comprehensive on-boarding and induction, 25 days holiday, staff bonus scheme, the last Friday of every month off as a (discretionary) work-life balance day (where there is no Bank Holiday in the month), regular career and personal planning, pension, share options after two years.
Salary according to experience. Applicants for this post should send a current CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please