In response to new work and additional work from existing clients we are looking for an Android Developer to join our team. We produce award-winning work for globally recognised brands across a variety of sectors especially sport, and are looking to expand the team to help us continue this trend into the future. We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefits including a monthly work/life balance day to help everyone here maintain a healthy lifestyle.
We are looking for a talented Android developer responsible for the development and maintenance of native Android applications. Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working either independently and alongside other engineers and designers. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving and creating quality products and code as well as a passion for the Android platform is essential.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code.
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable applications.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of all applications.
- Work with backend developers to integrate and consume restful API’s
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs through automated testing.
- Provide detailed estimates of work and ensure timely delivery of features.
- Help maintain code quality, organisation, and automation.
- Collaborate with team members to refine our best practices and processes.
- Participate in code reviews, write automated tests, and help define our technical roadmap. Continuously learn and keep up to date with emerging technologies to evaluate impact to business.
Skills and experience
- Strong knowledge of the Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different devices.
- 2+ years of mobile software development experience with Java.
- 1+ years of mobile software development experience with Kotlin.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services.
- Strong knowledge of Material design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Experience with offline storage, asynchronous programming, and performance tuning.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- An obsessional enthusiasm for Android as a user and developer.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Passionate about writing clean, well organised, and production-ready code.
- At least one published App Store app or open-source project.
- Constant monitoring and learning of new technologies and the market landscape.
Salary: Competitive and according to experience
To apply, please send your CV to: email@example.com
No agencies please