In response to new work and additional work from existing clients, Other Media is looking for a mid-level Android Developer to join our team. We produce award-winning work for globally recognised brands across a variety of sectors including sport and retail, and are looking to expand the team to help us build a world class agency.
We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefits including a monthly work/life balance day to help everyone here maintain a healthy lifestyle.
We are looking for an Android developer to help with the ongoing expansion of our mobile team. Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services. As you will be working along-side other developers and designers, a commitment to collaborative problem solving and creating quality products, as well as a passion for the Android platform, is essential.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code.
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application.
- Identify and correct issues and fix bugs through automated testing.
- Help maintain code quality, organisation, and automatisation.
Skills and experience
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services.
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers.
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications.
- Understanding of Google’s Material design principles and interface guidelines. An obsessional enthusiasm for Android as a user and developer.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
- Be qualified to degree level.